Messenger App Launch
Facebook wanted to break into the Latin American market of Mexico. Small Town Boy was a social experiment in which a boy who’d never left his hometown travelled around Mexico using the Messenger app. By inviting the people of Mexico to participate in deciding the course of his journey, we proved that Messenger could bring people closer together both online and in real life.
- Total reach for the campaign: 200 million, for a total of 257 million impressions.
- More than 4.7 million Mexican fans engaged directly with our social experiment.
- 62% of people who saw the ad felt Messenger allowed them to connect instantly with friends.
- Click through rate increased by 250%.
- App downloads and installs increased more than twofold while media cost-per-conversion decreased by 40%.