WHO WE ARE
Sid Lee is a multidisciplinary creative collective striving to make a difference and celebrate culture with bold ideas. Its 700 professionals work as one team from offices in Montreal, Toronto, New York, Paris, London, Los Angeles and Seattle. Their mission is to create what matters through brand building, brand expression and brand experience. Its creative community also includes Yard, Digital Kitchen, BIMM and Haigo.
Alongside progressive clients, Sid Lee draws on its rich collection of disciplines, from design to data and experiential communication and technology to advertising and architecture, empowering its clients to outperform their competitors, earn the trust of their customers and increase their influence on culture.
Sid Lee is a member of kyu, a collective of top-tier global creative companies established by Hakuhodo DY Holdings. Sid Lee also imagined C2 Montréal, one of the largest creative-business conferences in the world.
The ACD team is made up of two dedicated partners whose ideas and methods are in perfect sync. It consists of an ACD, art director and an ACD, copywriter. Working closely with our Executive Creative Director, they will play a critical role in the development of advertising and interactive projects, with a focus on film and storytelling, brand activations and experiences for our new client in the athletics/lifestyle space. Knowledge of the latest trends in fashion and street culture will serve as a source for an unlimited number of innovative ideas and concepts. Together, with their strong digital, experiential and social understanding, the team will lead the development of projects with unconventional ideas and help ensure a high-quality execution of the final product.
*Please note, this is for 2 separate positions. Priority will be given to those applying as a team.
- Write copy against copy guidelines and brand tone of voice for film, print, digital and social. Create artwork within brand guidelines and brand tone of voice;
- Lead teams and ensure strong and non-traditional creative output, while reporting into the Executive Creative Director;
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines;
- Create structured work that clearly articulates a campaignable idea;
- Process information supplied by client/strategy/account services and translate into effective creative work;
- Proof creative work to ensure accuracy of information;
- Present work and develop relationships of value and respect with the client;
- Stay up to date with new innovations and industry trends.
- 6-10 years of agency experience
- Strong Portfolio. You demonstrate originality, innovation and a multi-disciplinary thinking through your work.
- International Recognition. You have created a world-class campaign that achieved international fame or won multiple international awards.
- Leadership Skills. You demonstrate strong leadership skills and can organize, motivate and improve the creative output of those around you.
- Mentor. You are able to pass on your experience to others through generous and patient mentorship of more junior members of the team.
- Big Idea Thinker. You go beyond the executional or tactical and come with campaignable thoughts that work across media.
- Team Player. You are positive, collaborative and have a contagious spirit. You work well with others.
- Entrepreneurial. You take initiative and proactively come to the table with new ideas to push forward the creative work and develop the client relationship.
- Production Savvy. You know how to work within budgetary constraints and have experience working with photographers, directors and vendors.
- Time Management. You can manage your time, meet deadlines and be on time for meetings while juggling multiple projects.
- Cultural Player. You contribute to the culture of the agency and take part in activities that foster the agency spirit.
- Exceptional knowledge of current cultural trends.
- Creative vision and attention to detail that goes beyond established norms.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written.
Sid Lee is strongly committed to hiring a diverse staff and believe all experiences and perspectives bring value to our clients. Sid Lee does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnic origin, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.