Technical Assistant (Digital Kitchen, part-time, 1 year contract)
WHO WE ARE
Sid Lee is a multidisciplinary creative collective striving to make a difference and celebrate culture with bold ideas. Its 700 professionals work as one team from offices in Montreal, Toronto, New York, Paris, London, Los Angeles and Seattle. Their mission is to create what matters through brand building, brand expression and brand experience. Its creative community also includes Yard, Digital Kitchen, BIMM and Haigo.
Alongside progressive clients, Sid Lee draws on its rich collection of disciplines, from design to data and experiential communication and technology to advertising and architecture, empowering its clients to outperform their competitors, earn the trust of their customers and increase their influence on culture.
Sid Lee is a member of kyu, a collective of top-tier global creative companies established by Hakuhodo DY Holdings. Sid Lee also imagined C2 Montréal, one of the largest creative-business conferences in the world.
ABOUT DIGITAL KITCHEN
Digital Kitchen, a member of the Sid Lee creative community, is a creative experience company that brings Emmy-winning storytelling and design to captivate audiences.
From crafting iconic titles sequences, transforming spaces into an interactive canvas, to developing imaginative experiences for brands such as Warner Bros., Netflix, HBO, Facebook, and Amazon.
Digital Kitchen creates worlds beyond belief.
Your role as a Technical Assistant is to provide support to the post-production teams at Digital Kitchen and Sid Lee LA. In this role, you will undertake a variety of installation and maintenance tasks and ensure that software is working properly. Other key responsibilities include keeping inventory up-to-date, managing data archives, and digitizing assets at our data center. Our ideal candidate will be detail oriented, technically inclined, highly organized, proactive, and able to anticipate the needs of our post-production team.
Please note that this is a 20hr/week, 1 year contract. Working hours are from 2-6pm PT and the candidate must be available to travel to our data center.
- Troubleshoot issues with remote desktop applications
- Manage data (NAS/Cloud Platform)
- Install software and plugins
- Keep inventory up-to-date
- Render wrangling (Deadline)
- Data wrangling
- Restarting computers (remotely)
- Manually restarting computers (data center)
- Troubleshoot computers (data center)
- Managing data archives
- Managing data restores (Cloud/LTO)
- Troubleshooting render farm issues
- 1-3 years of experience working in a post-production environment;
- Proficient with Adobe software, particularly After Effects, as well as Cinema 4D, Render Engine (Octane & Redshift), and Deadline;
- Positive attitude and creative approach to problem-solving;
- Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while working under tight schedules;
- Willingness to take direction and to collaborate with others;
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
Sid Lee is strongly committed to hiring a diverse staff and believe all experiences and perspectives bring value to our clients. Sid Lee does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnic origin, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.