Business Development Director
WHO WE ARE
Sid Lee is a borderless creative agency applying storytelling, design and technology to build customer experiences that matter. Their multi-disciplinary team of 900 professionals works as one, out of offices in Montreal, Toronto, New York, Paris, London, LA and Seattle. Working side by side with progressive clients, they deploy their creative capabilities in several disciplines, ranging from design to interactive and experiential communication to advertising and architecture. Practicing agile creative and production development, as well as radical collaboration both internally and with their clients, they create work that matters, allowing their clients to outperform their competitors and earn the trust and loyalty of their customers.
Motivated and results-driven, The Business Development Director will report into the Head of Growth and is responsible for the acquisition and conversion of prospects. They must be competitive and financially driven, capable of understanding what motivates prospective clients to buy, and know how to tap into those needs and desires in an effective way.
- Participating in new business efforts, developing prospects and closing net new opportunities, including researching, professional networking and referrals;
- Proactively facilitating new business opportunities for the agency with existing clients through relationship building and opportunity spotting;
- Identifying and communicating with prospects consistently across all domestic sales channels, and in-person;
- Organizing and following-up with potential opportunities, and consistently communicating company value propositions;
- Creating, engaging and finalizing new relationships, leading prospective clients into kicking-off new projects (determining project goals, services, and budgets);
- Achieving sales and profit objectives set forth, delivering revenue growth goals established in conjunction with senior leadership;
- Maintaining thorough knowledge of important market and industry trends;
- Actively participating in the business community, local Chambers of Commerce, industry events, charitable events, professional and trade organizations, and other networking forums;
- Leveraging insights into potential clients’ social networks, lifestyle, community service, etc. to create connections and gain visibility;
- Building enduring relationships and engaging the right influencers, thought leaders, and key potential clients in your market for future referral possibilities (participating in their meetings and events, give presentations, and contribute valuable insights);
- Tracking & optimizing conversion performance while maintaining best-practices to meet performance targets;
- Assessing the strengths and weaknesses of the offering and identifying ways to penetrate new markets;
- Mobilizing the right agency team members to optimize opportunities;
- Debriefing teams on wins & losses;
- Managing select inbound RFPs;
- Developing and managing all aspects of CRM, creating efficiency and visibility to the executive team and maintaining accurate database records and notes of all contact and interaction details.
- Minimum 8-10 years of Business Development/Sales experience;
- A strong understanding of agency life and the pitch process;
- An impressive, active, and developed business network;
- A proven ability to lead a collaborative sales process cross-functionally to successfully win new business;
- Unparalleled business development skills with a proven track record of successful new client acquisition;
- Personal creativity, drive, and a team-oriented attitude combined with an entrepreneurial spirit;
- The vision and courage to break new ground and establish the highest standards of excellence, while taking calculated risks to achieve sales targets and goals;
- A relentless determination in their pursuit of new business and the ability to close deals and make things happen;
- The talent to connect with customers in various industries and verticals;
- The confidence and aptitudes to work alongside everyone in the organization, including the C-suite;
- Enthusiasm, passion, and curiosity towards the creative industry;
- This position can be based out of Montreal or Toronto;
- The successful candidate must be fluently bilingual (French and English) both verbal and written (International collaborators and customers).
Proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Sid Lee is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to citizenship, ethnicity, race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
We encourage women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.