WHO WE ARE
Sid Lee is a borderless creative agency applying storytelling, design, and technology to build customer experiences that matter. Our multi-disciplinary team of 900 professionals works globally from Europe and North America. Working side by side with progressive clients, we deploy our creative capabilities in several disciplines, ranging from design to interactive and experiential communication to advertising and architecture. Practicing agile creative and production development, as well as radical collaboration both internally and with our clients, to create work that matters, allowing our clients to outperform their competitors and earn the trust and loyalty of their customers.
Sid Lee London is the group’s latest hub. With a specialist in Sport and Entertainment the objective is become London’s leading S&E agency and a creative hotbed for the Sid Lee group.
The Creative Director is responsible for the design and artistic direction of advertising and interactive projects. They have a unique eye for design, are knowledgeable about the latest trends in visual arts, and act as a source for an unlimited number of innovative ideas and concepts. With their strong digital and social understanding, this person carries out projects assigned to them through unconventional ideas and ensure the quality of the final product.
- Lead teams and ensure strong and non-traditional creative output, while reporting into the Executive Creative Director.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Create structured work that clearly articulates a campaignable idea.
- Process information supplied by client/strategy/account services and translate into effective creative work.
- Proof creative work to ensure accuracy of information.
- Present work and develop relationships of value and respect with the client.
- Help the agency develop a strong and positive relationship with the creative community to help recruit top talent.
- Stay up to date with new innovations and industry trends.
- 10+ years of agency experience and collaboration with international brands
- Strong Portfolio: You demonstrate originality, innovation and a multi-disciplinary thinking through your work.
- International Recognition: You have created a world-class campaign that achieved international fame or won multiple international awards.
- Leadership Skills: You demonstrate strong leadership skills and can organize, motivate and improve the creative output of those around you.
- Big Unconventional Idea Thinker: You go beyond the executional or tactical tasks and come up with innovative campaignable thoughts that work across all media.
- Versatile: You are a strong art director with design pedigree that can work in film, print, web and social.
- Team Player: You are positive, collaborative and a contagious spirit, who works well with others.
- Entrepreneurial You take initiative and proactively come to the table with new ideas to push forward the creative work and develop the client relationship.
- Production Savvy: You know how to work within budgetary constraints and have experience working with photographers, directors, and vendors.
- Time Management: You can manage your time, hit deadlines and be on time for meetings, while juggling multiple projects.
- Cultural Player: You contribute to the culture of the agency and take part in activities that foster the agency spirit.
- This role is based in London and will require a presence at our new London office
- The first creative hire in London, an opportunity to head up and build the creative team from this office
- This role will be very hands on to start with servicing new client wins – will need to quickly scale the team (Startup mentality)
- This is an opportunity to be part of the team which grows the London office from the ground up!
- Sport / entertainment industry knowledge is a plus
- Working with global offices in US, Canada, and Paris.
Proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Sid Lee is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to citizenship, ethnicity, race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
We encourage women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.