Head of Strategy
WHO WE ARE
Sid Lee is a borderless creative agency applying storytelling, design and technology to build customer experiences that matter. Our multi-disciplinary team of 900 professionals works globally from Europe and North America. Working side by side with progressive clients, we deploy our creative capabilities in several disciplines, ranging from design to interactive and experiential communication to advertising and architecture. Practicing agile creative and production development, as well as radical collaboration both internally and with our clients, to create work that matters, allowing our clients to outperform their competitors and earn the trust and loyalty of their customers.
Sid Lee London is the group’s latest hub. With a specialism in Sport and Entertainment, the objective is to become London’s leading S&E agency and a creative hotbed for the Sid Lee group.
The Head of Strategy unlocks growth for people and for business. The successful candidate will be the strategic leader on a specific and/or multiple pieces of business and will also manage junior strategists. As the strategic leader, they will work with multidisciplinary teams to champion and open opportunities for breakthrough creative work and effective business results for our clients. Must have a proven track-record of success at leading progressive strategies, growing business, training up and mentoring talent.
The ideal candidate is:
- Experienced in developing and overseeing modern strategy (brand, business, CX, digital, content, program & service, retail, etc).
- Believes in data and research to drive insight and decision-making.
- Is committed to the kind of creativity that changes opinions, drives culture and changes the course of things.
- Thrives on orchestrating and nurturing growth and forms strong relationships with peers and clients.
This role will have a principal client who is activating their sponsorship of a major global sporting event. Strategic leadership, campaign and communication planning is required from the campaign planning stage through to execution, optimisation, and reporting.
- Manages and grows a team of strategists of varying skills and levels
- Leads account strategy and select new business, spots in-biz opportunities
- Finds ways to improve creative opportunity and collaborates to drive growth and effectiveness
- Develops and implements strategic tools, fosters consistency of usage and evaluation among their managed team
- Drafts winning project design or business development and leading methodology for business, brand, comms and experience engagements
- Delivers and owns strategy for elevation plans, with a constant read on health of all accounts under supervision
- Has in-depth understanding of how the client’s business operates and the motivations of the various stakeholders
- Roots creativity in commercial performance through the understanding and application of data
- Distills complex information into simple yet intelligent stories that engages, inspires and mobilizes the many
- Ensures insights are clear and inspiring to fuel the creative process
- Provides clear, constructive and actionable feedback to teams
- Builds strong relationships with creative, account and client teams as well as with partner agencies
- Provides a prejudicial and informed point of view for how to overcome brand challenges and capture opportunities for growth that may exist
- Lead both internal and client meetings, workshops, presentations
- Supervise, manage, mentor and guide the day-to-day work of Senior Strategists, Strategists and Analysts to ensure strategic excellence is maintained across all clients and projects under their care.
- 10+ years experience in an agency environment, preferably at a top creative agency;
- Management experience in overseeing and growing a team;
- Degree in a related discipline (preferably in a Business, Communication, Marketing, or Cultural Studies program);
- Compelling leadership, workshop and presentation skills
- Experience with iconic global brands and campaigns;
- Superior storyteller (both written and verbal) with a clear and concise style;
- Success in pitches and in-biz growth
- This role is based in London and will require a presence at our new London office
- This will be the first strategy hire in London, an opportunity to head up and build the strategy team from this office
- This role will be very hands-on to start with servicing new client wins – will need to quickly scale the team (startup mentality)
- This is an opportunity to be part of the team which grows the London office from the ground up!
- Sport / entertainment industry knowledge is a plus
- Working with global offices in US, Canada and Paris
Proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Sid Lee is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to citizenship, ethnicity, race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
We encourage women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.