Group Account Director
WHO WE ARE
Sid Lee is a borderless creative agency applying storytelling, design and technology to build customer experiences that matter. Their multi-disciplinary team of 900 professionals works as one, out of offices in Montreal, Toronto, New York, Paris, London, LA and Seattle. Working side by side with progressive clients, they deploy their creative capabilities in several disciplines, ranging from design to interactive and experiential communication to advertising and architecture. Practicing agile creative and production development, as well as radical collaboration both internally and with their clients, they create work that matters, allowing their clients to outperform their competitors and earn the trust and loyalty of their customers.
As the clients’ main contact, the Group Account Director fosters a strong relationship with Sid Lee’s clients at the senior-most level (eg: CMO, C-Level Executives) and leads a wide range of organizational priorities around the success of these client partnerships. The client relationships are built on trust with both the clients and the internal team. They must understand the clients’ business challenges and define their global ATL, experiential, and digital strategic direction in partnership with the ECD, Head of Strategy and Managing Director. They must display thought leadership and an ability to lead a room of world-class thinkers and leaders.
They are responsible for the overall management of Sid Lee accounts, while also leading a team and participating in a variety of projects. They must be able to identify opportunities within existing accounts as well as be involved in new business opportunities.
The Senior Account Director role is critical to coordinating, prioritizing, and sequencing a multitude of work streams across various high-volume businesses, in partnership with the Program Management discipline. They will play a key role in developing solutions and tools that result in streamlining complex organizational needs into successful solutions for the ongoing operation of Sid Lee, enabling amazing creative work. This must occur while actively promoting the quality of the work, the development of team members, and the profitability of the business.
- Build and oversee a team consisting of Account Directors, Executives, Supervisors, Coordinators and work very closely with the Creative team.
- Manage an average of $8-10M in business while developing and maintaining client relationships at the most senior level.
- Balance 15+ projects running simultaneously and maintain a high-level understanding of status and developments across those projects.
- Lead scoping, agency fees and production budgets.
- Mentor and support all team members so they can continue to progress in their own careers.
- Manage and optimize top-line growth and oversee profitability across the accounts.
- Help develop and implement the agency’s strategic and creative agenda for the client in collaboration with the leadership team (Client, Creative, Strategy, Operations).
- Regularly engage agency leadership team to update on progress.
- Oversee all creative development and production processes in collaboration with all disciplines.
- Ensure quality control in all phases of the client engagement and relationship.
- This role is based in London and will require a presence at our London office.
- An opportunity to head up and build the account management team in London.
- This role will be very hands on to start with servicing new client wins – will need to quickly build the team.
- This is an opportunity to be part of the team which grows the London office from the ground up!
- Sport industry knowledge is a plus.
- Working with global offices in US, Canada and Paris.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, with 10 years of agency experience in a similar position;
- Experience managing a team;
- Experience leading and growing a large client portfolio / working with large clients
- Known to be an expert in a specific field or having an in-depth knowledge and experience in account services;
- Expertise in establishing a trust-based relationship with clients;
- Business development vision, leadership, creativity.
Proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Sid Lee is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to citizenship, ethnicity, race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
We encourage women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.