Sr. Social Strategist
WHO WE ARE
Sid Lee is a borderless creative agency applying storytelling, design and technology to build customer experiences that matter. Their multi-disciplinary team of 900 professionals works as one out of offices in Montreal, Toronto, New York, Paris, London, LA and Seattle. Working side by side with progressive clients, they deploy their creative capabilities in several disciplines, ranging from design to interactive and experiential communication to advertising and architecture. Practicing agile creative and production development, as well as radical collaboration both internally and with their clients, they create work that matters, allowing their clients to outperform their competitors and earn the trust and loyalty of their customers.
Working in collaboration with the Digital Strategy Director, the content strategist is a chameleon in the workplace, going from creative ideation to strategy for a brand’s social media and digital presence. The content strategist will act as the content marketing ambassador at the agency and take a proactive role in assessing and recognizing new platforms, trends, and the future of social and digital marketing. The strategist will have two feet firmly planted in the torrent that is today’s online culture, but proactively have their head well above the surface, anticipating the people, communities and big picture upstream. With an analytical mind balancing out their creative spirit, the candidate will also have to be comfortable giving client presentations.
- Perform research and analysis to uncover major truths (human truths, brand truths, category truths, platform truths, etc.) that are essential for developing social content strategies
- Develop content strategies and playbooks (editorial line, content pillars, tone of voice) and channel strategies (ecosystem, choice of platform and their role, KPIs).
- Proactively anticipate community momentum, carefully consider outcomes, and deliver informed inspiration for growth.
- Plan for content deployment as per the strategy (high-level calendars, connection plans, etc.)
- Collaborate with media teams on social/digital media deployment across clients, including the digital ecosystem (audience profiles, A/B testing, KPIs, flighting, optimization plans)
- Act as a springboard for content creation and provide guidance early on how the strategy will be expressed on different platforms.
- Help to establish monthly/quarterly reporting criteria, collaborating with community managers to uncover and share key findings, insights, and recommendations with clients and key internal stakeholders
- Facilitate the integration of content strategies into other digital channels (display, website, newsletters, apps).
- Identify and document industry best practices and new platform features.
- Present findings to several stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or other related field.
- 5 + YEARS of experience in a similar position in social/digital strategy at an agency
- Very attuned to, and up to date with, new trends in various areas, with a keen eye on social/digital (advertising, marketing, content, digital, etc.).
- Experience with social listening and first and third-party analytics tools
- Experience in media planning or buying is an asset.
- Experience with collaboration tools such as Miro, Slack and Dropbox is an asset.
- Traditional Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life; 401K, Flex Spending Accounts, Short & Long Term Disability & Pet Insurance.
- Time Off: Competitive PTO and Sick Leave, 4 Summer Fridays or Mondays (your choice), and all the holiday time off you would expect including your birthday and a winter break!
- Wellness Spend- $125 monthly to use for what helps you feel your best– gym memberships, yoga, financial advisors, educational classes or even a life coach!
- Flexible Work Policy: We offer the flexibility for you to work where you work best: in-office, remote, or a hybrid of the two.
Sid Lee is strongly committed to hiring a diverse staff and believe all experiences and perspectives bring value to our clients. Sid Lee does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnic origin, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.