WHO WE ARE
Sid Lee is a borderless creative agency applying storytelling, design and technology to build customer experiences that matter. Their multi-disciplinary team of 900 professionals works as one, out of offices in Montreal, Toronto, New York, Paris, London, LA and Seattle. Working side by side with progressive clients, they deploy their creative capabilities in several disciplines, ranging from design to interactive and experiential communication to advertising and architecture. Practicing agile creative and production development, as well as radical collaboration both internally and with their clients, they create work that matters, allowing their clients to outperform their competitors and earn the trust and loyalty of their customers.
The Producer is primarily responsible for the successful execution of creative ideas for clients, working closely with internal agency teams (from strategy, account, creative and post) to external suppliers (production companies, production consultants, key partners & freelance resources). You have solid experience producing across the following platforms: broadcast, photo, social, digital and experiential and are able to foster positive energy, manage expectations and work collaboratively to find creative solutions to problems that arise during project development and roll out.
- Collaborate with creative teams to elevate the creative concept by providing ideas, production solutions and options, relevant references, etc.
- Evaluate initial creative concepts and define deliverables.
- Prepare ballpark budgets and high-level schedules for production.
- Evaluate whether a project can be completed using internal resources or requires external partners.
- Research and recommend best-in-class suppliers (production companies, directors, key partners and freelance resources) and negotiate fees/rates.
- Hire and contract suppliers.
- Lead each production day-to-day, communicate with suppliers/agency teams/clients/ vendors.
- Oversee key steps/phases during project development (pre-production, production, post-production and delivery).
- Collaborate with creative teams and suppliers to identify and mitigate risks to projects/ proactively problem solve.
- Liaise with business affairs/legal teams to review and discuss creative concepts, supplier contracts and talent.
- Maintain directory of production companies and key contacts.
- Keep Head of Production or EP informed of key developments on projects in an ongoing manner.
- 4-5 years of experience in a production role at a creative agency, media agency or production company in both video and print production.
- Experience in the development of content (film, print, photography, etc.), digital (web, mobile, social, etc.) and experiential (events, activation, etc.) projects.
- Fluent in English (both oral and written).
- Strong knowledge of top tier suppliers/good relationships with key contacts in North America and negotiation skills (experience working with cost consultants).
- Strong technical knowledge of production.
- Strong knowledge of Canadian talent union requirements/legal considerations.
Proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Sid Lee is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to citizenship, ethnicity, race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
We encourage women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.