Creative Director - Writer
WHO WE ARE
Sid Lee is a borderless creative agency applying storytelling, design and technology to build customer experiences that matter. Their multi-disciplinary team of 900 professionals works as one, out of offices in Montreal, Toronto, New York, Paris, London, LA and Seattle. Working side by side with progressive clients, they deploy their creative capabilities in several disciplines, ranging from design to interactive and experiential communication to advertising and architecture. Practicing agile creative and production development, as well as radical collaboration both internally and with their clients, they create work that matters, allowing their clients to outperform their competitors and earn the trust and loyalty of their customers.
The Creative Director creates the vision and inspires their team to generate a creative product at the highest level. We’re looking for someone with a track record of creating famous work for big brands. They should be on top of current trends and demonstrate a strong desire to shape culture and bring the most innovative solutions to their clients. They manage a creative team of Art Directors, Copywriters and Content Creators and ensure that a good working relationship is established among all team members. As a creative leader, they must build a trust-based relationship with both the client and the internal team and possess the insight, authority, and professional leadership to confidently lead them through transformational change.
- Lead and work with creative teams.
- Work together with strategists and account services.
- Determine the appropriate creative casting required for each project.
- Ensure that projects are innovative, world-class and respond to client expectations.
- Collaborate with the Talent Management team in several areas such as hiring requirements, organizational implementation, and departure management.
- Work in collaboration with the ECD in managing career plans for all creatives.
- Reinforce Sid Lee’s values within the creative team.
- Contribute, through a creative approach, to the constant evolution of Sid Lee’s creative product.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline.
- 12+ years of agency experience with a minimum of 5 years' experience as a Creative Director
- Experience leading a team.
- Expert understanding of the creative process.
- Strong knowledge of the production process of all relevant disciplines.
- Exceptional knowledge of current cultural trends.
- Fluent in English, verbally and in written.
Proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Sid Lee is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to citizenship, ethnicity, race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
We encourage women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.