Senior Account Executive
WHO WE ARE
The PR unit of Sid Lee has a mission to increase social awareness with authentic stories that spark curiosity and drive community engagement. Our dedicated team optimizes the exposure and reach of our clients across digital and traditional media and with influencers and stakeholders to drive growth and generate business results. We are an integral part of Sid Lee’s offering and service the clients of sister agency YPR.
Ideally based near Los Angeles (Culver City) and reporting to our Director, Public Relations, Client Services, the Senior Account Executive Public Relations handles the execution of media and public relations strategies for our growing roster of B2C clients in the U.S., Canada and targeted international regions. He/she will be asked to support clients across CPG, food/bev, professional services and more.
- Conduct daily outreach to the media to secure press coverage on behalf of our clients
- Serve as a primary client contact for all items relating to media and influencer relations
- Have a strong understanding of pop culture and current trends/events, with the ability to position clients as part of or a spokesperson for these key moments throughout the year
- Crafting pitches and journalist communications on behalf of our clients
- Develop stories, interview angles, and opportunities for media coverage
- Create and maintain media lists with relevant contacts across all publication verticals
- Conduct research on potential influencer partners for client brands; conduct outreach; manage relationships and handle contract negotiation
- Build and solidify media relationships with key lifestyle, consumer, business and trade media on a national level
- Create and update monthly media analysis and campaign impact reports
- Prepare and coordinate online and in-person events on behalf of our clients
- Contribute to strategic account planning by assisting the leadership team with strategy development
- Assist Directors with administrative tasks and project follow-up
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline (public relations, journalism, communications)
- 2-4 years’ experience in agency or B2C public relations
- Existing media relationships and prior experience working in the CPG industry, preferably with food/bev brands
- A significant understanding of the US media landscape, press-worthy stories, and the ability to generate consistent and quality media coverage on behalf of our clients
- Ability to manage multiple accounts simultaneously
- Superior writing, editing, and storytelling skills
Proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Sid Lee is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to citizenship, ethnicity, race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
We encourage women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.