WHO WE ARE
One of the industry’s most multidisciplinary agencies, Sid Lee is a collective of 900+ makers and thinkers with offices in North America and Europe. We use the power of collaboration to create work that matters for some of the most progressive clients. We have achieved international recognition by designing brand experiences rooted in people’s cultures and everyday lives. With our internal culture close to our hearts, we look for artisans who like us are caring, progressive, bold, and persevering.
The senior designer is responsible for delivering against a wide range of design mandates in a multidisciplinary environment. They must demonstrate excellent attention to detail in design and craft as they will be providing design leadership for our national client. The senior designer will execute across a range of projects including branding & identity, packaging, POS, print, digital and OOH and work closely with multidisciplinary teams to ensure design integrity and brand alignment across all touch points.
- Be a leading voice and creative driver as a member of the design team
- Lead the creative design of projects across all stages of the process, from pitch to final deliverable
- Lead working sessions and presentations to internal audiences and client groups
- Be deeply involved with strategy, proposals, plans, pitches, and most importantly, design
- Be aware of recent design trends while having an excellent knowledge of typography
- Work with and understand brand guidelines and create new branding and design components within the brand’s tone of voice
- Foster a strong mentoring environment and actively support any junior and intermediate designers
- Collaborate with copywriters, art directors, production designers and vendors/printers to apply concepts across non-traditional media
- Strong Portfolio. You have 6-8 years of agency experience, you demonstrate originality, perfect execution and a multi-disciplinary thinking through your work
- Proven Experience. You have experience in the design of visual identities, working with complex brand toolkits and a degree in design or a related field
- Detail Oriented. You work pixel-perfect, are highly detail oriented, and have an excellent feeling for typography
- Deep Empathy. You are a great listener and you have a pulse on a broad range of local and global issues and a cultural awareness
- Great Communicator. You demonstrated ability to communicate concepts and ideas to design staff, leadership, and clients through written, verbal, and visual means
- Time Management. You can manage your time, hit deadlines and be on time for
meetings, while working on multiple projects at once.
- Team Player. You are positive, collaborative and a contagious spirit, who works well with others
- Mentor. You work and oversee Designers and interns and you know how to give constructive feedback and good advice
- Cultural Player. You contribute to the culture of the agency and take part in activities that foster the agency spirit
- An Expert. You have expert knowledge in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop and you know how to design for web, mobile and print
- Motion Skills. Knowledge in motion design (e.g. After Effects) is a plus.
Proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Sid Lee is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to citizenship, ethnicity, race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
We encourage women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.