Creative Director, Design
WHO WE ARE
Sid Lee is a borderless creative agency applying storytelling, design and technology to build customer experiences that matter. Their multi-disciplinary team of 900 professionals works as one, out of offices in Montreal, Toronto, New York, Paris, London, LA and Seattle. Working side by side with progressive clients, they deploy their creative capabilities in several disciplines, ranging from design to interactive and experiential communication to advertising and architecture. Practicing agile creative and production development, as well as radical collaboration both internally and with their clients, they create work that matters, allowing their clients to outperform their competitors and earn the trust and loyalty of their customers.
Reporting to the Executive Creative Director, the Creative Director, Design is responsible for leading and inspiring our design team. They are a creative visionary, with an unwavering dedication and world-class approach to achieving creative excellence. As the client’s main point of contact, they will be a trusted partner and possess the insight, authority and professional leadership to confidently lead them through transformational change.
- Lead the development of multiple complex projects with interdisciplinary teams.
- Effectively communicate project requirements/roles/responsibilities and create an environment where creatives can thrive.
- Ensure that creative output is innovative, of international quality and meets or exceeds client’s expectations.
- Maintain a global vision of the accounts under his/her supervision and drive business through strategic vision and thought leadership.
- Develop trust-based relationships with senior-level clients and establish him/herself as a credible source of expert advice and guidance.
- Maintain Sid Lee’s presence and reputation by speaking at industry events and building a robust and influential talent network.
- Possesses a strong creative point of view to the leadership of the business.
- Strategic creative thinker with the desire to challenge norms, push boundaries and explore new territory.
- Ability to motivate, influence and inspire others to achieve greatness.
- A constant curiosity and passion for design; keeps a finger on the pulse of the industry.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit, with unparalleled drive, ambition and enthusiasm.
- Generous, collaborative and nourishing leader, giving others space and tools to grow.
- Tenacious in nature, doesn’t take ‘no’ for an answer, creates opportunities to achieve excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 10+ years of experience in an agency or design firm.
- A hands-on background in developing ideas and tools, and the ability to bring them to life.
- Vast experience leading and managing creative teams and complex interdisciplinary projects.
- Knowledge of local market.
Proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Sid Lee is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to citizenship, ethnicity, race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
We encourage women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.