Senior Human Resources Business Partner
WHO WE ARE
Sid Lee is a borderless creative agency applying storytelling, design and technology to build customer experiences that matter. Their multi-disciplinary team of 900 professionals works as one out of offices in Montreal, Toronto, New York, Paris, London, LA and Seattle. Working side by side with progressive clients, they deploy their creative capabilities in several disciplines, ranging from design to interactive and experiential communication to advertising and architecture. Practicing agile creative and production development, as well as radical collaboration both internally and with their clients, they create work that matters, allowing their clients to outperform their competitors and earn the trust and loyalty of their customers.
Reporting to the Director, Talent Management USA, the Senior HRBP will support and lead all activities related to the Human Resources function of Sid Lee in the USA. Combining both strategic and HR-operational responsibilities, he/she will need to evaluate, improve and evolve the company's talent management and HR activities as well as offer support to the team regarding complex issues. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of the business with the ability to effectively engage and influence employees and leaders at all levels. The Senior HRBP will need to guide big picture strategy needs, while also running the more tactical organization and people needs.
- Partner with Business leaders and provide thought leadership, using quantitative skills and knowledge of the agency and the external marketplace to evaluate the impact of HR/Talent activities on organizational performance for all USA offices.
- Provide coaching and play an advisory role within the organization on how to manage and resolve complex HR issues.
- Help drive change management and implement processes that increases retention, engagement and productivity.
- Support the development and execution of all HR initiatives and projects, including talent and compensation reviews, succession planning, performance management, organization design, workforce planning, etc.
- Accountable for benefits- managing and recommending benefit changes each year through Open Enrollment.
- Leading the full cycle of Performance Management and ensuring that this process is evolving each year to create a more progressive and effective approach to Performance Management for our employees and managers.
- Responsible for all immigration matters.
- Support the HR cycle activities with the leadership team and relevant stakeholders.
- Advise leaders on how to maximize talent by defining current and future talent needs and ways to develop their teams to address performance and capability gaps.
- Partner with the recruiting team to ensure a positive and seamless candidate experience and strategic future focused hiring.
- Leverage the HRIS system to drive operational efficiency.
- Contribute, with a continuous improvement mindset, to the implementation of a best in class global Talent function.
- Partner on all initiatives related to creating a progressive and hybrid work model.
- Responsible for Leaves of Absences.
- Promote a culture of feedback and open communication, reinforcing the agency’s values.
- Lead ad hoc projects.
- Participate in identifying and implementing DE&I initiatives.
- Participate and lead cultural activities to ensure a work environment that supports fun and team bonding moments.
- Manage the Talent Coordinator.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a high speed/high growth environment.
- Strong knowledge of California, NY and/or Washington State laws.
- Experience in Advertising, Media, Entertainment or other creative industries.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, in English.
- Experience advising on immigration matters.
- Above average leadership orientation, ownership and accountability.
- Result-oriented with collaborative approach to accomplishing goals.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Strong relationship-building skills with the ability to influence up, down and across the organization.
- Track record of success in the delivery of complex HR programs, strategies, and processes.
- Well-developed critical thinking and analytical abilities.
- Strong desire to continuously learn, grow and develop others and excellent coaching skills.
- High level of communication skills and comfortable with open communication and constructive feedback.
Sid Lee is strongly committed to hiring a diverse staff and believe all experiences and perspectives bring value to our clients. Sid Lee does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnic origin, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.