Junior Designer, Social
WHO WE ARE
Sid Lee is a borderless creative agency applying storytelling, design and technology to build customer experiences that matter. Their multi-disciplinary team of 900 professionals works as one out of offices in Montreal, Toronto, New York, Paris, London, LA and Seattle. Working side by side with progressive clients, they deploy their creative capabilities in several disciplines, ranging from design to interactive and experiential communication to advertising and architecture. Practicing agile creative and production development, as well as radical collaboration both internally and with their clients, they create work that matters, allowing their clients to outperform their competitors and earn the trust and loyalty of their customers.
Sid Lee is looking for a full-time, onsite and highly skilled Jr. Designer to join the team. This role will work collaboratively with a cross-disciplinary team to concept, design, and create compelling social content across multiple platforms. The Designer will be a member of the creative team, reporting directly to the Creative Director. An interest in motion graphics is preferred.
- Work closely with the social creative team on any and all projects
- Translate creative concepts into compelling designs and assets
- Handle revisions to existing creative as needed
- Work closely and collaboratively with team and clients
- Present and explain concepts, answer questions, communicate changes to the team
- Work in small groups, as well as larger teams, in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborate with and inspire team members
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously
- At least 1-3 years of professional experience creating social content and/or design experience at an entertainment or social agency.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator (some After Effects and Premiere or video editing experience is a huge plus)
- A stellar portfolio demonstrating solid and strategic design experience—including a strong understanding of color theory, typography, composition
- Knowledge of current digital advertising best practices by platform
- Strong sense of composition and typography
- Ability to create unique, engaging content for a variety of brands, entertainment clients, audiences, and objectives
- Understanding of behavior on social media platforms, and how to craft work that resonates with target audiences