WHO WE ARE
Sid Lee is a borderless creative agency applying storytelling, design and technology to build customer experiences that matter. Their multi-disciplinary team of 900 professionals works as one out of offices in Montreal, Toronto, New York, Paris, London, LA and Seattle. Working side by side with progressive clients, they deploy their creative capabilities in several disciplines, ranging from design to interactive and experiential communication to advertising and architecture. Practicing agile creative and production development, as well as radical collaboration both internally and with their clients, they create work that matters, allowing their clients to outperform their competitors and earn the trust and loyalty of their customers.
The ACD team is made up of two dedicated partners whose ideas and methods are in perfect sync. It consists of an ACD, art director and an ACD, copywriter. The art director is responsible for the design and artistic direction of advertising and interactive projects. The copywriter is in charge of concepting and copywriting for the same projects. Together, with their strong digital and social understanding, these team members carry out projects assigned to them through unconventional ideas and ensure the quality of the final product.
*Please note, this is for 2 separate positions. Consideration will only be given to those applying as a team, both an Art Director and a Copywriter*
- Write copy against copy guidelines and brand tone of voice for film, print, digital and social. Create artwork within brand guidelines and brand tone of voice.
- Lead teams and ensure strong and non-traditional creative output, while reporting into the Creative Director or Executive Creative Director.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Create structured work that clearly articulates a campaignable idea.
- Process information supplied by client/strategy/account services and translate into effective creative work.
- Proof creative work to ensure accuracy of information.
- Present work and develop relationships of value and respect with the client.
- Help the agency develop a strong and positive relationship with the advertising community to help recruit top talent.
- Stay up to date with new innovations and industry trends.
- 6-10 years of agency experience
- Strong Portfolio: You demonstrate originality, innovation and a multi-disciplinary thinking through your work.
- International Recognition: You have created a world-class campaign that achieved international fame or won multiple international awards.
- Leadership Skills: You demonstrate strong leadership skills and can organize, motivate and improve the creative output of those around you.
- Big Unconventional Idea Thinker: You go beyond the executional or tactical tasks and come up with innovative campaignable thoughts that work across all media.
- Versatile: You are a strong art director with design pedigree that can work in film, print, web and social.
- Team Player: You are positive, collaborative and a contagious spirit, who works well with others.
- Entrepreneurial You take initiative and proactively come to the table with new ideas to push forward the creative work and develop the client relationship.
- Production Savvy: You know how to work within budgetary constraints and have experience working with photographers, directors and vendors.
- Time Management: You can manage your time, hit deadlines and be on time for meetings, while juggling multiple projects.
- Cultural Player: You contribute to the culture of the agency and take part in activities that foster the agency spirit.