Director, Business Development & Growth
WHO WE ARE
Sid Lee is a borderless creative agency applying storytelling, design and technology to build customer experiences that matter. Their multi-disciplinary team of 900 professionals works as one out of offices in Montreal, Toronto, New York, Paris, London, LA and Seattle. Working side by side with progressive clients, they deploy their creative capabilities in several disciplines, ranging from design to interactive and experiential communication to advertising and architecture. Practicing agile creative and production development, as well as radical collaboration both internally and with their clients, they create work that matters, allowing their clients to outperform their competitors and earn the trust and loyalty of their customers.
The Growth Director will lead the generation and development of all new client business across Sid Lee USA to meet the increasing demand for progressively transformative partnerships. Our team’s role is to identify, qualify, pursue and win new business, and create a smooth integration for our new clients into the agency. Reporting to the Head of Growth, the Growth Director will be partnering with the Sid Lee US leadership and management teams to identify and cultivate new client relationships. The ideal candidate for this role has a proven track record in developing a strong creative agency pipeline and fostering outstanding business relationships. The candidate also must demonstrate a high level of organization and strong team management abilities, as well as business acumen.
- Qualitatively identify new business opportunities and proactively initiate new client conversations
- Follow and strategically analyze industry trends and announcements, to provide proactive recommendations and insights for new business opportunities
- Develop the new business pipeline by measuring and prioritizing opportunities, with a focus on the right fit and scale for Sid Lee
- Actively pursue new business leads and maintain a strategically consistent contact cadence to ensure that Sid Lee stays top of mind, ultimately, leading to the win of new accounts
- Accurately document the life-cycle of new business leads from the prospecting phase to client phase
- Confidently lead creds/pitch presentations and complete RFP/RFIs
- Contribute to presentations and other marketing materials
- Collaborate across Account Team members and cross-functionally to develop client proposals/presentations
- Conduct targeted marketing and outbound activities
- Leverage existing partnerships and look to develop new ones
- Help to report new business pipeline and priorities internally to contribute to proactive resourcing and staffing decisions
- BS/BA in Marketing, Business Administration, or related area of study
- 7 to 10 years of experience in business development or sales capacity within a marketing or creative agency
- Proven track record in the development of new business and/or growth of existing business
- Proven ability to package and sell agency services, including advertising, social media, branding & design, experiential, creative, etc.
- Ability and experience in communicating with client leadership, including C-suite level executives at fortune 500 companies
- Ability to manage teams directly and cross-functionally to deliver fully integrated proposals
- Proven ability to prioritize, be assertive, detailed oriented, self-starting and a willingness to take ownership and follow-through
- Must be confident, charismatic, and a credible business professional
- Negotiation skills and ability to comprehend and creatively solve clients’ business challenges
- Have exceptional communication skills (writing, presentation development, oratory skills) to promote agency in professional, culturally relevant manner
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
Sid Lee is strongly committed to hiring a diverse staff and believe all experiences and perspectives bring value to our clients. Sid Lee does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnic origin, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.