Operations Manager, Social Media & Integrated Communications
WHO WE ARE
One of the industry’s most multidisciplinary agencies, Sid Lee is a collective of 900+ makers and thinkers with offices in North America and Europe. We use the power of collaboration to create work that matters for some of the most progressive clients. We have achieved international recognition by designing brand experiences rooted in people’s cultures and everyday lives. With our internal culture close to our hearts, we look for artisans who like us are caring, progressive, bold, and persevering.
The Operations Manager for Social Media & Integrated Comms is leading a team for day-to-day program management across the entire portfolio of social media clients for Sid Lee USA. They report directly to the Head of Program Management, and partner with other internal resources to deliver operational discipline & delivery excellence, speed to market, resource optimization, and profitability management to their business(es). They are efficient operators, who demonstrate strong team management abilities, as well as business and financial acumen. They are highly organized and accountable leaders, who are able to build relationships internally, with clients, vendors, and partners to collaborate with/draw on the expertise of Sid Lee’s vast resources and capabilities.
This client-oriented individual understands the business objectives, is responsible for client operations (contracting, resourcing, profitability) and will make sure each engagement is set up to deliver great work, on time and on budget. In partnership with the Account leads, the Operations Manager may also be brought in to lead workstreams or specific projects within a larger account.
- Understand and facilitate the business objectives, client expectations and communicate changes/directions to internal team members.
- Take part in the planning process and ongoing assessment of process to define opportunities for improvements and efficiencies.
- Develop and manage project timelines to ensure the team is tracking toward the right milestones.
- Oversight of operational excellence across all programs ensuring operational support is delivered as needed, including scheduling meetings, internal check ins, drafting and posting meeting notes, developing lists of action items and communicating assignments, deadlines and needs to ensure the project is following the proposed schedule.
- Own project management/workflow system data entry and reporting.
- Support the mobilization and driving the integrated team towards progress, action and results by following internal processes to move the work forward.
- Work integrally with all internal team members to facilitate the process of developing effective strategies and briefs that lead to great work on brief.
- Providing project level inputs that inform the efficiency and quality of work and advocating for the agency/client relationship.
- Business management – SOW development, staff planning, pricing, facilitation of finance functions (invoicing/POs etc) and participation in client facing contract negotiation.
- Accountable for managing the client project budget with an overall responsibility for profitability.
- Resource allocation and utilization tracking across the portfolio leveraging the Program Management tool in partnership with the resourcing team.
- Identify potential project risks, then develop, present and implement contingency and mitigation plans to adjust project trajectory toward success.
- Encourage and facilitate high levels of team effectiveness (trust, communication, collaboration, productivity, diversity, engagement).
- Understand & respect every department’s role in delivering great work & building relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- At least 5 years of related, client facing industry experience managing “the making” or delivery of great work in a Creative Agency;
- Impeccable organizer and problem solver
- Expertise in delivering social media products, services and integrated digital campaigns
- An understanding of the dynamics and workings of the agency’s process as it relates to the client’s business.
- Familiarity and experience with project management software (Wrike & Mavenlink a plus)
- Experience forming strong team relationships and client communications;
- Demonstrated capability to get things done budget and on time;
- Ability to support the management of multiple workstreams and projects at the same time; at the pace of social media
- Fluency in English, both verbally and in written.
Sid Lee is strongly committed to hiring a diverse staff and believe all experiences and perspectives bring value to our clients. Sid Lee does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnic origin, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.