Group Strategy Director
WHO WE ARE
One of the industry’s most multidisciplinary agencies, Sid Lee is a collective of 900+ makers and thinkers with offices in North America and Europe. We use the power of collaboration to create work that matters for some of the most progressive clients. We have achieved international recognition by designing brand experiences rooted in people’s cultures and everyday lives. With our internal culture close to our hearts, we look for artisans who like us are caring, progressive, bold, and persevering.
The Group Strategy Director unlocks growth for people and for business. This person is the strategic leader on a specific and/or multiple piece of business that also manages a group of strategists. As the strategic leader, this person works with multidisciplinary teams to champion and open opportunities for breakthrough creative work and effective business results for our clients. A proven track record of success at leading progressive strategies, growing business, training up and mentoring talent. Experienced in developing and overseeing modern strategy- brand, business, CX, digital, content, program & service, retail, etc. Believes in data and research to drive insight and decision-making. Is committed to the kind of creativity that changes opinions, drives culture and changes the course of things. Thrives on orchestrating and nurturing growth and forms strong relationships with peers and clients.
- Manages and grows a team of strategists of varying skills and level
- Leads account strategy and select new business, spots in-biz opportunities
- Finds ways to improve creative opportunity and collaborates to drive growth and effectiveness
- Develops and implements strategic tools, fosters consistency of usage and evaluation among their managed team
- Drafts winning project design or business development and leading methodology for business, brand, comms and experience engagements
- Delivers and owns strategy for elevation plans, with a constant read on health of all accounts under supervision
- Has in-depth understanding of how the client’s business operates and the motivations of the various stakeholders
- Roots creativity in commercial performance through the understanding and application of data
- Distills complex information into simple yet intelligent stories that engages, inspires and mobilizes the many
- Ensures insights are clear and inspiring to fuel the creative process
- Provides clear, constructive and actionable feedback to teams
- Builds strong relationships with creative, account and client teams as well as with partner agencies
- Provides a prejudicial and informed point of view for how to overcome brand challenges and capture opportunities for growth that may exist
- Lead both internal and client meetings, workshops, presentations
- Supervise, manage, mentor and guide the day-to-day work of Senior Strategists, Strategists and Analysts to ensure strategic excellence is maintained across all clients and projects under their care.
- 8+ years experience in an agency environment, preferably a top creative agency.
- Management experience in overseeing and growing a team.
- Degree in a related discipline (preferably in a Business, Communication, Marketing, or Cultural Studies program).
- Compelling leadership, workshop and presentation skills.
- Experience with iconic global brands and campaigns.
- Superior storyteller (both written and verbal) with a clear and concise style.
- Success in pitches and in-business growth.