WHO WE ARE
The Flame Artist will be part of a small but growing team, working on a wide variety of projects across accounts and offices. He/She will use their technical expertise and their keen sense of art factor to ensure that all our video work is finished seamlessly and in-line with the high level of quality we stand for. The Flame Artist will report directly to the Head of Studio with a line to the Executive Creative Director.
- Achieve simple to complex compositing tasks at all stages of the production process including pre-comps, temp composites, 2D tracking, 2D effects, extractions, selection and integration of elements, and color grading;
- Produce high level photorealistic images and create seamless transitions between filmed footage and composited 2D and 3D elements;
- Experience in compositing photorealistic images of high-quality and skills to create a smooth transition between shooting plans and 2D/3D elements;
- Able to do text-based animations, with support from a motion designer if needed;
- Work closely with the Lead Editor, Creative Director, creative team and postproduction team to determine creative and technical approaches;
- Deliver work within established timelines;
- Consult on set for more complex projects, as needed;
- Be a key player within the production team, having a line of sight on projects early in order to be able to help establish what the requirements for the finished product will be.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in commercial, advertising or feature film VFX production;
- Must be proficient with all functions of Flame software;
- Must be proficient with Adobe Creative Suite software
- Developed artistic and precision senses, good eye and mastery of photographic shooting including knowledge of color, light (reflection, refraction, shadows), perspective and composition;
- Ability to work closely with clients;
- Ability to remain calm under pressure;
- Able to work independently, with or without an assistant;
- A strong sense of compositing, color and design, and a thorough knowledge of the advertising or film industry;
- Extensive knowledge of extraction techniques of bluescreen and greenscreen;
- Work ethic focused on dynamism and collaboration; ability to perform multiple tasks, prioritize and solve problems.
Proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Sid Lee is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to citizenship, ethnicity, race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
We encourage women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.