WHO WE ARE
One of the industry’s most multidisciplinary agencies, Sid Lee is a collective of 900+ makers and thinkers with offices in North America and Europe. We use the power of collaboration to create work that matters for some of the most progressive clients. We have achieved international recognition by designing brand experiences rooted in people’s cultures and everyday lives. With our internal culture close to our hearts, we look for artisans who like us are caring, progressive, bold, and persevering.
As part of Sid Lee’s Communications and Brand team, the US PR and Communications Manager is responsible for implementing Sid Lee’s PR and media strategy in the US by collaborating in building its reputation and ensuring effective media coverage. In your role, you will draft the creation of media releases, forge relationships with journalists and key influencers, contribute to develop thought-leadership articles, content on social media, and support internal communications. The selected candidate will ideally have existing media relations with top tier media outlets in the US and in the entertainment industry.
- Develop and activate Sid Lee USA’s PR plan focusing on projects, culture and leadership team.
- Plan US content: collect all info and stories from the Sid Lee US team to frame stories or interview angles for the media and conferences.
- Plan and budget for PR events, programs and initiatives.
- Work as an on-the-ground reporter: talking and listening to our creative teammates who are deep in client work to surface ideas for public consumption that align with our strategic priorities.
- Develop these ideas into press pitches to get thought leadership like articles, video interviews, and podcasts out into the world.
- Put together media kits.
- Ensure follow-ups for media requests, prepare and coordinate interview requests.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date press list in relevant sectors.
- Collaborate with the content team for social-media projects and editorial calendar, including production of visuals and videos.
- Research and secure speaking opportunities, and award-show jury opportunities.
- Coordinate and support speakers’ presence at events.
- Track development and results of editorial efforts in the US market with performance reports (media, web, social media, other PR activities).
- Support internal communications and creative culture agenda in the US.
- Degree in Communications, Public Relations or other related field;
- 5-7 years experience in PR/communications roles;
- Superior communication skills, especially the ability to strike up a conversation with just about anyone;
- Fantastic writing and editing skills, with a genuine passion for a story well-told that engages and transports its audience;
- Proven media pitching abilities with a proven track record of successful PR campaigns;
- A self-motivated, autonomous and resourceful team-player with lively energy;
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
Sid Lee is strongly committed to hiring a diverse staff and believe all experiences and perspectives bring value to our clients. Sid Lee does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnic origin, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.