VP, Strategy - Marketing Executive
WHO WE ARE
Sid Lee is a leading creative agency with 600 professionals working globally out of offices in Montreal, Toronto, New York, Paris, and LA. Our multidisciplinary teams leverage the power of radical collaboration to build brands for the modern age, activating communication platforms to engage with today’s consumers across all possible touchpoints. Rooted in strategic thinking, our work ranges from advertising to branded content, digital solutions, design & branding, architecture & retail design, social media, experiential platforms & activations, and analytics. By breaking boundaries to create what matters, our company has earned a global reputation as a top-tier brand builder for some of the most progressive clients in the industry. Sid Lee is also at the origin of C2 Montréal, one of the largest innovation events in the world, and is part of kyu, a new collective of creative companies established by Hakuhodo DY Holdings, the second-largest agency network in Asia.
Unfortunately (or fortunately), talent isn’t the only thing we’re looking for. We also like to surround ourselves with the bold, caring, progressive, and persevering types. You know, the curious ones who take on impossible challenges and see their ideas through to fruition, and the entrepreneurs-at-heart who aren’t afraid of failure. They’re the artisans who make our collective kinder, stronger, and more purposeful.
We are looking for a VP Strategy to join our team.
This is a permanent, full-time position based out of our Toronto office: 952 Queen St. W., Toronto, Ontario, M6J 1G8.
- Responsible for the overall vision and mission of the offices strategy department and Specific Strategic Practice within an office and across other offices.
- Conceptualizes and formulates strategic initiatives that further Sid Lee’s yearly and long-term planning objectives.
- Collaborates with senior management to devise effective short and long term plans.
- Sets actionable goals for the department or practice, team members and client agendas that lead to tangible results.
- Assesses the agency’s ongoing projects and relationships to ensure they align with the office and company goals.
- Manages the economic and financial health of the strategy department and practice.
- Articulates and communicates Sid Lee’s official stance on a variety of strategic POV’s.
- Develops news business and owns the strategic perspective and output.
- Contributes to the global strategic council.
- Exceptional creativity and problem-solving skills
- Highly proficient and inspiring presenter and moderator
- Constantly challenges standard thinking with new ideas, approaches and solutions
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, management and collaboration
- Completely self-directed and able to work independently without subject matter supervision
- Bold, highly objective, inspiring, entrepreneurial, charismatic, kind, critical and fair
- Ability to manage multiple large accounts and provide informed strategic recommendations
- Ability to lead a team of professionals
- 10+ years management experience in brand strategy overseeing a team
- 10+ years’ experience with global style brands and campaigns
- A university degree in communications, marketing, or a related field
Employment Language: English
Wage: $250,000 to $270,000 per annum
Benefits: Standard company benefits including extended medical / dental and bonus opportunities,
Contact: Melissa Cappe, Talent Recruiter - firstname.lastname@example.org