WHO WE ARE
Sid Lee is a leading creative agency with 600 professionals working globally out of offices in Montreal, Toronto, New York, Paris, and LA. Our multidisciplinary teams leverage the power of radical collaboration to build brands for the modern age, activating communication platforms to engage with today’s consumers across all possible touchpoints. Rooted in strategic thinking, our work ranges from advertising to branded content, digital solutions, design & branding, architecture & retail design, social media, experiential platforms & activations, and analytics. By breaking boundaries to create what matters, our company has earned a global reputation as a top-tier brand builder for some of the most progressive clients in the industry. Sid Lee is also at the origin of C2 Montréal, one of the largest innovation events in the world, and is part of kyu, a new collective of creative companies established by Hakuhodo DY Holdings, the second-largest agency network in Asia.
Unfortunately (or fortunately), talent isn’t the only thing we’re looking for. We also like to surround ourselves with the bold, caring, progressive, and persevering types. You know, the curious ones who take on impossible challenges and see their ideas through to fruition, and the entrepreneurs-at-heart who aren’t afraid of failure. They’re the artisans who make our collective kinder, stronger, and more purposeful.
Reporting to the Content Manager, the Content Editor will work closely with a Content Creator to craft compelling written and visual stories across a variety of social and digital platforms. Supporting the Content Manager, the Content Editor will work on content planning and development of both long and short-form content. This role requires a passion for current global affairs and financial markets, and a strong understanding of how that translates successfully into the social space and digital realm.
- Creation of editorial calendars/story planning
- Creation of long form content, including researching, writing, fact-checking, and editing, as required
- Ability to conduct in-depth interviews for editorial projects
- Curating and repurposing/repackaging of digital and social content
- Concepting, packaging and creation of short- and long-form digital and social content
- Support the Content Manager in commissioning work to freelance content developers and maintaining a roster of journalists and influencers/content creators
- Contribute to the creation and management of style guides/best practice documents
- Ensure the consistently high-quality execution of content at Sid Lee
- Manage the posting of content via CMS/social tools and monitor engagement and community manage, as required
- Work closely with account and strategy teams to ensure work is on-brief and delivered in a timely manner
You have at least three years of experience in a related field (journalism and finance a strong asset) and thrive in a fast-paced (and fun) newsroom-like environment. You have strong conceptual thinking and a knack for research and content idea generation. You’re able to write for multiple brands concurrently while maintaining consistency of tone across all of them and can apply that tone while editing another writer’s work. Whether it’s a short, snappy headline or longer copy, you can write it and edit it all. You’re able to work autonomously and also collaborate with others. You maintain a positive attitude and great sense of humour, even while working under pressure.